Monday, January 2, 2012

The 17 Day Diet



If you're like me, your ashamed of everything you ate over the holidays. It was delicious while it lasted, but now I'm back in my fat pants and need to do something about it. I guess you can say my new year's resolution is to lose weight (as cliché as it is).

This is going to sound like I'm making excuses already, but after visiting family last week, I now have a cold/sinus/throat thing happening and I didn't feel like leaving the house to go buy groceries this morning. So tomorrow I'm starting The 17 Day Diet. I've done it before while trying to lose a few pounds before my wedding. It worked, and I'm excited to start up again.

Here's the plan - along with regular posts, I'll update you on what I'm eating and if I'm losing weight. I'm going to think of you as my accountability partners. If I don't update you, assume I'm not dieting and yell at me for it.

Here's tomorrow's menu if you'd like to join me.

Breakfast:
2 scrambled egg whites
1/2 grapefruit
1 cup green tea

Lunch:
Large green salad topped with tuna, drizzled with 1T olive oil and 2T balsamic vinegar
1 cup green tea

Dinner:
Lots of grilled chicken and steamed green beans
1 cup green tea

Snacks:
6oz. plain yogurt (sugar free) mixed with 2T sugar-free jam
2 clementines

Photo via.

No comments: