First, I want to tell you how excited I am that this is my 100th post! WooHoo! Thanks to all of you who regularly read my blog. It always makes my day when I get a new comment or follower or when someone tells me how much they enjoy reading it. This has been really fun so far, and I'm so glad you're along for the ride.
Day two of The 17 Day Diet is going well. I was really full after my fruit and yogurt breakfast, and I really enjoyed my Super Salad for lunch. However, since I'm coming off of a Christmas sugar high, I'm missing sweets − a small serving of fruit helps. Also, I'd like to eat some carbs ... like an entire loaf of bread maybe. I guess those things are the reason I'm dieting in the first place ... ugh.
Today I started drinking the Wake-Up Drink. It's an 8oz. cup of hot water that you squeeze half a lemon into (I had to add some Truvia - it was sour!). It's supposed to help jump start your digestion in the morning. The goal is to drink seven more glasses of water by the end of the day (I know you're wondering, and yes, I'm constantly peeing ... It's a small sacrifice, I suppose).
Here's tomorrow's menu:
- Two hard boiled or poached eggs
- 1/2 grapefruit (or other fresh fruit in season)
- Large green salad topped with tuna, drizzled with 1 T flaxseed oil and 2 T balsamic vinegar
- Plenty of roasted turkey breast or turkey tenderloin, steamed carrots and steamed asparagus
- 6 oz. plain fat-free yogurt, sweetened with Truvia or a tablespoon of sugar-free jam
Starting weight: 158.4
Current weight: 158.3