Sunday, January 8, 2012

The 17 Day Diet - Day Six

Yesterday in the grocery store, the clerk commented on my healthy purchases. I said I was on a diet, she said she was too - The 17 Day Diet! I didn't ask what day she was on, but she said she's lost seven pounds so far! It was fun to hear that it was working for someone else, too.

This morning's weigh-in was less exciting than the past few days. The scale didn't budge. I know why though ... weekends are hard on a diet plan. Yesterday we slept in and were lazy - I made breakfast at 10 a.m. instead of 8 a.m., didn't eat lunch until 2 p.m. then we had dinner around 7 p.m. Also, we didn't get in our two probiotic servings. Maybe there's something to be said for really sticking to the plan. I haven't done very well today either. I haven't eaten anything I'm not supposed to, I'm just not eating all I should, when I should. I'll get back on track tomorrow.

Here's tomorrow's menu:

Breakfast:
  • 2 scrambled eggs, 4 scrambled egg whites or 1 scrambled egg plus two scrambled egg whites. Top with salsa (optional)
  • 1 serving fruit
  • 1 cup green tea
Lunch:
  • Taco Salad: 1 pound ground turkey, cooked and seasoned with taco seasoning; chopped tomatoes; chopped ontions; salsa; shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese; all over a generous bed of lettuce. Makes 4 servings
  • 1 cup green tea
Dinner:
  • A stir fry of vegetables and chicken strips with 1 T olive oil. Season with a little garlic, ginger and lite soy sauce
  • 1 cup green tea
Snacks:
  • 2nd low-sugar fruit serving plus 1 probiotic serving (see lists here)
  • 2nd probiotic serving of your choice
Starting weight: 158.4
Current weight: 155.2

No comments: