Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The 17 Day Diet - Day 15

I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't ready for this diet to be over. I'm hungry for real food, and frankly will go broke if we eat like this much longer. It's expensive to eat fresh produce everyday! I don't think I even want to tell you what it has cost.

Thinking forward, I know I don't just want to go back to unhealthy eating everyday. I need to find a balance between healthy and affordable. I compared prices between fresh and frozen foods, and really, there didn't seem to be much of a difference. How do people do it? Gah. No wonder America is overweight.

Here's tomorrow's good-for-us menu.

Breakfast:
  • Spanish Omlet: 1egg, 2 egg whites, 1/8 t salt, 1/8 t black pepper, 1 T olive oil, 1/4 C diced tomato, 2 T diced onion, 2 T fat-free shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 grapefruit
  • 1 cup green tea
Lunch:
  • Spicy Yogurt Dip and Veggies: 32 oz. plain yogurt, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, combine ingredients, refrigerate overnight, use as a dip for cut-up fresh vegetables
  • 1 cup green tea
Dinner:
  • Plenty of roasted turkey breast or turkey tenderloin
  • Steamed carrots and steamed asparagus
  • 1 cup green tea
Snacks:
  • 1 piece fresh fruit
  • 6 oz. carton yogurt
Starting weight: 158.4
Current weight: 152.4

No comments: