Sunday, January 15, 2012

The 17 Day Diet - Day 13

The weekend strikes again ... I'm up a little from yesterday. Its fine, if I had done anything but sit and watch football, I probably would've burned a few calories. That's all I did today, too. Shoot. I guess actually losing weight gives me a reason to look forward to the work week. The better thing to do would be to start working out. Ugh. I don't mind working out, but getting myself to go do it is another story. I'll work out at leat one day this week. Promise.

Here's tomorrow's menu.

Breakfast:
  • 2 scrambled eggs, 4 scrambled egg whites, or one scrambled egg plus 2 scrambled egg whites. Top with salsa, if desired.
  • 1 apple or 1 C fresh berries
  • 1 cup green tea
Lunch:
  • Chicken Vegetable Soup:
    • 4 baked chicken breasts, diced into small chunks (I'll boil them and shred them in my stand mixer instead)
    • 1 1/2 C cabbage, chopped
    • 1 large carrot, chopped
    • 1 cup okra
    • 1 large onion, chopped
    • 2 large celery stalks with leaves, chopped
    • 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
    • 1 14 oz. can fat-free chicken broth
    • 1 1/2 t salt
    • 1/4 t pepper
    Place all ingredients, except chicken, in a large pan and simmer for one hour or until vegetables are soft. Add in chicken and heat thoroughly. Makes 4 servings. 
  • 1 cup green tea
Dinner:
  • Plenty of grilled chicken or fish
  • Generous portion of mixed steamed vegetables
  • 1 cup green tea
Snacks:
  • 1 medium pear or other fruit in season
  • 2nd probiotic serving
Starting weight: 158.4
Current weight: 153

No comments: