Friday, January 27, 2012

The 17-Day Diet - Cycle Two - Day Five

So far, I really like the second cycle. Getting to eat a potato is a big deal for me. I think it's the German and Irish in me ... I love potatoes.

The menus from cycle one seem new again since they're actually different than what I ate the day before. Even though I'm not dropping weight as fast, I'm enjoying being on a diet more. And, I'm still losing a few ounces a day ... that's good enough for me.

Here's tomorrow's higher-calorie menu.

Breakfast:
  • 4 scrambled egg whites
  • 1 fresh peach
  • 1/2 C oatmeal or grits, cooked
  • 1 cup green tea
Lunch:
  • Shrimp salad: cooked shrimp, 3 T chopped onion, generous bed of lettuce, 1 tomato (large), and 1 T olive oil
  • 1 baked sweet potato
  • 1 cup green tea
Dinner:
  • Pork sirloin chops, baked or grilled
  • Steamed veggies
  • 1 cup green tea
Snacks:
  • 1 C blueberries with 6 oz. sugar-free, fruit-flavored yogurt
  • 1 C kefir
Starting weight: 158.4
Current weight: 148.8

No comments: