Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The 17 Day Diet - Day Eight

I'm back down to where I was before the weekend! I can't wait to see where I'm at at the end of the week. I haven't really set a goal weight - anywhere under what I weighed the day we got married (147 lbs.) would make me really happy. I'm a little embarrassed that I gained over 10 pounds in seven months in the first place. It's just so easy to cook comfort food every night (which obviously makes it easy to gain weight). I guess on the upside, at least I didn't let myself gain 20 pounds in 14 months! I'd definitely rather lose 10 now than try to lose 20 later.

I'll for sure finish the first 17-day cycle of the diet, and am considering doing the second. In the second cycle, you get to add lean pork and beef, shellfish, and a few starches, which really expands the menu. You don't lose weight as rapidly in the second cycle, but any decrease in numbers on the scale is fine by me. Also, I'd like to get used to cooking healthier for us all the time. As long as I make it taste good, I don't think Jeff will mind.

Here's tomorrow's menu.

Breakfast:
  • 6 oz. plain low-fat yogurt, mixed with 1 cup berries or other fruit (chopped). You may sweeten the mixture with Truvia or 1 T of sugar-free jam.
  • 1 cup green tea
Lunch:
  • Nicoise Salad: 1 3 oz. can light tuna, cooked green beans (1/2 to 1 cup, chilled), 2 chopped scallions, 1 Roma tomato (chopped), lettuce (the darker, the better) drizzled with 1 T olive oil and 2 T balsamic vinegar
  • 1 cup green tea
Dinner:
  • Grilled chicken breast marinated in fat-free italian, then broiled or grilled
  • Steamed vegetables
  • 1 cup green tea
Snacks:
  • Kefir Smoothie: Mix 1 cup of kefir (in the milk and yogurt aisle) with 1 cup frozen, unsweetened berries, sugar-free fruit jam, and 1 T flaxseed oil. Blend until smooth. 
  • 2nd probiotic serving
Starting weight: 158.4
Current weight: 155.2

No comments: