Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The 17 Day Diet - Day One

I'm halfway through the first day of the diet and I'm not starving yet! Since I'm home sick today, I'm going to switch up my dinner tonight to Chicken-Vegetable Soup.

Ingredients:
  • 4 baked chicken breasts, diced into small chunks (I'm going to boil them and shred them in my stand mixer instead)
  • 1 1/2 C cabbage, chopped
  • 1 large carrot, chopped
  • 1 cup okra
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 large celery stalks with leaves, chopped
  • 1 15 oz. can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 14 oz. can fat-free chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 t salt
  • 1/4 t pepper
Place all ingredients, except chicken, in a large pan and simmer for one hour or until vegetables are soft. Add in chicken and heat thoroughly. Makes 4 servings. 

Here's tomorrow's menu:

Breakfast:
  • 6 oz. plain, low-fat yogurt, mixed with 1 cup of berries.
  • 1 cup green tea

Lunch:
  • Super Salad (large salad with a generous bed of greens and salad vegetables - tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, celery, etc,. drizzled with 1 T olive oil and 2 tablespoons vinegar of your choice)
  • 1 cup green tea

Dinner:
  • Leftover Chicken-Vegetable Soup
  • 1 cup green tea

Snacks:
  • 6 oz. sugar-free, fruit-flavored yogurt or one cup plain low-fat yogurt, sweetened with Truvia or a tablespoon of sugar-free fruit jam
  • 1 serving of fruit

Starting weight: 158.4
Current weight: 158.4

2 comments:

Shelley Sargent said...

I too am on this diet but cant find an answer anywhere, can we eat chia on this diet?

Unknown said...

Wifey - I ate Chia seeds every day while on this diet! I liked to eat them in the morning on yogurt or add them into the kefir smoothies.

I never saw anything that confirmed or denied eating Chia on the diet, but it worked fine for me to add them in.