Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Short Lamp Dilemma

When I was decorating the guest bedroom in our house,  my mom gave me a lamp and shade (from a thrift store, of course) that matched the rest of the room perfectly. The problem was, between the tall antique bed, the short nightstand, and the normal height table lamp, you could barely see the lamp peeking out from beside the bed. I didn't want to find a new lamp or nightstands, so I stacked books underneath the lamp base to give it a boost.

It was a quick fix that ended up working really well. To tie everything together, I strategically placed a few more stacks of books around the room.


(Yes, the bottom book is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and yes, it's a library book. I'd like to say it was a damaged one that they gave away, but I can't promise that that's entirely true. Shhh. Don't tell.)

No comments: