Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Fashion

Although they can be boring at times, I love watching the Oscars for so many reasons -- prime people watching, seeing what movies I need to go rent, watching Billy Crystal host, and of course, the fashion.



Michelle Williams was adorable in a coral Louis Vuitton gown. The small silver bow is quirky and cute and I love the textures the fabric creates.



Jesssica Chastain's Alexander McQueen gown was breathtaking. Between that and her perfect red hair, she has my vote for one of the best dressed of the evening.



Cameron (and her super buff arms) looked radiant in her skin-tight Gucci gown. Honestly, I only like the bottom half of the dress, but you must admit, it's a fantastic bottom half.



Gweneth also has my vote for one of the best dressed. I love the clean lines of her cream-colored Tom Ford gown and coat. She's glamorous and the dress was fabulous (did you see the adorable little shoulders?!).



I'm crazy over Glenn Close's stunning Zac Posen gown and matching blazer. The structure is so flattering and she looked radiant.



This Zuhair Murad dress is typical J.Lo style, but I'm not convinced she pulled if off. Cutouts, extreme cleavage, and a crazy stripe design ... I'd save that look for Halloween.



J.Lo can share the worst dressed title with Melissa Leo. Her two-toned sequin Reem Acra dress was awful. And, her shoes are ugly. While I'm at it, her clutch was ugly. OK ... the rant is over.


As much as I love Emma Stone, I'm not sure I love her Giambattista Valli dress. I can't decide my final opinion. I like the bow, but maybe if it were half the size it might be better. What do you think of it?

Did you watch the Oscars? Who had you favorite look?

Images via The Insider.

No comments: