Friday, September 9, 2011

Ten Years Later

Sunday will mark ten years after 9/11. I can still remember walking into freshman English class and seeing the smoking tower (the second hadn't been hit yet). At that point, everyone was still wondering how that plane ended up there. We didn't do anything in class that day but intently watch the TV. The following week, my school held a special memorial service and hung a "Remember 9/11" plaque. I still recall the sinking feeling going into the auditorium that day.

The way I remember 9/11 is nothing compared to so many who lost loved ones when the towers collapsed. MSNBC gathered a few stories of people directly affected by the tragedy, and that sinking feeling comes back when I read them.

What's your 9/11 story?




(Photos via MSNBC)

No comments: