Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Last Lecture

I’m not much of a book worm, but something happens almost every time I pick up a book – I can’t put it back down.

Almost a year ago, on a recommendation from a co-worker, I bought The Last Lecture by Randy Paush. I finally read it last night and made it through the 206 pages in a few hours. During those two hours, as cliché as this will sound, I laughed and cried (mostly cried) and was so glad I started reading it.

In a nutshell, it’s the story of a man with pancreatic cancer who’s given the news he only has months to live. When Carnegie Mellon, the college where he was a professor, asked him to give a lecture about his life journey, he rose to the challenge. He titled it “Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams.”

I won’t tell you much more, but that it was incredibly inspiring, heartwarming, and something I’m definitely going to read again. I really can’t recommend it enough. 

Watch his lecture below, and learn more at lastlecture.com.

No comments: