Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It wasn't meant to be

The verdict is in. We didn't quite qualify for a loan at this time. My heart sank when we heard the news. It's really dissapointing. They said they would consider it if we could put 20 percent down, but 10 is the best we can do right now. I guess that means renting for a few more years. We're OK with that though.

Honestly, I was really sad about it for a while. I even cried for a little bit. They weren't necessarily sad tears though. I wasn't that upset about not getting the house, more just so stressed out about the process that I couldn't help but have a cry when we knew it was over.

Moving forward, we're looking at it as an opportunity to get ourselves fully prepared for homeownership. I'm so lucky to have a good husband who knows we're a team, and is ready to make some sacrifices to help us get where we need to be.

To help us save, we're considering finding a less-expensive rental. We love our place and especially our location, but even $100-$200 a month less would add up quickly and help us get closer to our financial goals. We're checking listings and plan to make some calls. I'm excited about searching and am hopeful the right thing will be there, if we're going to move. Wish us luck.

No comments: