Monday, November 28, 2011

Cone of Shame




















Kevin has been home from the vet since Wednesday and is recovering well. He had to wear a cone to keep him from licking his freshly declawed paws. He was pretty unhappy about it (if you can't tell by his angry face). Jeff and I couldn't help but think of the movie Up when Doug the dog wore a cone and said "I do not like the cone of shame." We kept saying that to Kevin - he was not amused.

His cone came off yesterday and he's getting back to normal. So far he limps a little, but I'm sure he's just sore. The best part is that he's been quiet, and has been sleeping through the night!

Because he's been so quiet, we don't always know where he is. This morning I didn't know he was sleeping under my clothes in the closet. When I grabbed my boots from out of there, it scared Kevin awake and he tore out of the closet -scaring me half to death. We weren't expecting each other to say the least. The scare was worth it though. A quiet cat makes me happy.

No comments: