Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Breakfast Cups

Pinned Image

If you're on Pinterest, you've probably seen this picture of the cute, delicious-looking breakfast cups.  I'm one of those people who likes a little of everything in each bite, especially eggs, bacon and toast, so I decided I'd try making them. It was a success! I first made them on Saturday morning, and by Jeff's request, we had them again on Sunday.
 
 I used a small glass to cut out the bread circles. I pieced
the odd pieces together to fill the bottom of the muffin cup
so there was no bread waste.

I was unsure about wrapping the bacon around
the outside. It seemed too loose ... it was fine.

Also, the recipe says to discard some of the egg white.
I'm not a waster, so I just cut the egg in a rough
"half" and divided it between two muffin cups.

(I thought about using a full egg, but everything
else would burn by the time the egg was fully cooked.
I think next time I'll try scrambled eggs.)
 
Don't mind the messy muffin tin.
 
And voila! Delicious little breakfast cups!

I'm excited to make these the next time we have weekend company over. They're faster and easier than trying to fry the bacon, fry the eggs, make pancakes and somehow time everything just perfect to be able to serve everything fresh and hot.

Get the full recipe from Annie's Eats here.

p.s. Something else I saw on Pinterest and tried making. They were really good, too.

No comments: