Monday, October 3, 2011

Kevin the Runaway

If you haven’t noticed by now, I’m fairly attached to my cat, Kevin. Here's the story of him sneaking out the front door while a friend was leaving.

Jeff and I didn’t notice him gone right away, but when we heard a screeching noise and saw cat eyes in the backyard, we started looking for him in the house. When we confirmed the strange cat in the trees was ours, we put on our shoes and grabbed our flashlights (it was ), and headed to the tall brush in the back.

After searching for awhile, we spotted his glowing eyes and tried to get a hold of him. The way we were pointing at him with our flashlights, the poor guy must’ve thought we were aliens trying to abduct him. Needless to say, he was scared of us aliens and tried to run away. The most hilarious thing I’ve ever seen came next.

Being a cat, he was too short to run through the brush and still be able to see, he leaped and bounded his way away from us. Seriously people, he looked like a kangaroo hopping through there. Jeff and I about died. He eventually came to a stop, hid from us for a good 10 minutes, then let out his crazy cat squeal allowing us to locate him again. Jeff carried him back inside and gave him a bath to help get some of the burs out of his fur. We picked them out for days.

He’s home safe now, doing his normal Kevin things …

Sitting around, being cute ...

Sleeping in his pillow most of the day ...

Laying on Jeff while he sleeps ...

Watching TV ...

Wishing he could go back outside ...

More sleeping (this time on his back) ...

 And, making sure he has the nightstand all to himself.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

I suppose I'll risk my own reputation for being a normal person by telling you that I have just added 5 views to your YouTube video. Man, I just love Kevin. I really need to get a cat.

Thanks for the entertainment. Now that I've discovered that your blog is the perfect homework distraction, I'll probably start commenting more often so you know that I'm a regular reader :)

Happy Wednesday night!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments, Jenna! It makes my day to get them. And, I don't think any less of you for watching the video of Kevin a few times. I watch it for fun sometimes, too :)