Friday, October 7, 2011

Have a great weekend.

Even though Jeff and I both had to work on his birthday, it still was a fun night.

Before going out I gave him his gift – a three-pot Crock Pot with individual temperature controls, a lazy Susan, and a travel lid! Not a manly gift, you say? Wait until he fills it with cocktail weenies, BBQ meatballs, and queso dip – then tell me it’s not meant for a man. He’s already coming up with different things to fill it with. So far, I think chocolate and cheese fondue are my favorites. Yum!

For dinner, I took him out to The Vine, a wine bar and art gallery, that I really like. He’d never been there before, but was willing to try it out. He had the Cajun Shrimp Alfredo and I had a Greek pizza with kalamata olives, tomatoes, gyro meat, and mozzarella and feta cheeses (to die for!). The hostess there is the best – she even gave Jeff a free birthday dessert – a chocolate mousse pyramid filled with white chocolate cream. It was fantastic! We ended the evening with cocktails at home. Not quite like the birthdays of our younger years, but still enjoyable.

When I was little, my mom said birthdays got less and less exciting as you got older. I remember not believing her and saying something about that not ever happening to me. Well, friends, it has happened. It’s pretty much downhill after 21. I’m dreading turning 25 next year. I’ll be as close to 30 as I am 20! Soon I’ll need to start coloring my hair because I have grey’s, not because I want a prettier color than my natural dirty dirty light-sucking brown. Also, I should start saving for a facelift – maybe lipo, too. Ugh. Anyway, here are a few pics from Jeff’s birthday.


And here are some posts I enjoy from around the Web. Maybe you will, too.

Make your own lace scarf.

Adorable hats for Fall.

Stunning outdoor wedding.

Cute dressed-up basic outfit.

How to make butter in 10 minutes!

Fun theme for a young boy’s birthday party.

Red wine chocolate cake recipe (I MUST try this).

No comments: