Thursday, May 3, 2012

Thirsty Thursday - Apothic Red


Apothic Red 2008

I grew up in a family who loves wine. Now, I like everything from a crisp, sweet white, to a dry, full-bodied red. I especially like if I can buy them for less than $10.

One of my recent favorites is Apothic Red. It's a great blend of Syrah, Zinfandel and Merlot with lots of fruit flavor. The cherry and other berry notes are complimented by mocha, spice, vanilla and maple.

The label says:

"Inspired by the 'Apotheca,' a mysterious place where wine was blended and stored in 13th century Europe, Apothic Red offers a truly unique wine experience.

A masterful blend of rich Zinfandel, flavorful Syrah and smooth Merlot, creating layers of dark red fruit complemented by hints of vanilla and mocha."

Apothic is sweet for a red, but not too sweet. I've found that it's good paired with red sauce and barbeque.

The price is nice, too. I normally see it for around $11, but I've caught it on sale as low as $7.50 (that's when I stock up).

Learn more about Apothic Red and find out where it's sold near you here.

Image via.

No comments: