Tuesday, May 15, 2012

May's Birchbox


This month’s Birchbox was a total delight. I love everything that came. Here’s a rundown of what was inside.
Miracle Skin Transformer™ Body SPF 20 It’s a tinted lotion that evens out imperfections all over your body. It works as a light moisturizer, SPF 20, and a skin-perfecting tint—curing roughness, hiding blemishes, and even masking scars. I was amazed when I put it on my freckly arms – they looked smooth, even, and glowing. I went a little crazy and used the whole sample-sized bottle in one day. It looked so nice though! I really need a full-size bottle – the stuff is amazing.
Birchbox Notecards
Everyone loves getting a handwritten note in the mail, especially on cute stationary. I’m excited to get to use the fun-colored notecard!
Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Shampoo
I love trying new hair products so this was exciting. From Birchbox: “
We’re hesitant to call this luxurious cleansing oil a shampoo—its powers go far beyond cleansing. Perfect for all hair types and textures, the oil-to-foam formula binds with the grease and product buildup on your scalp before gently whisking them away. At the same time, it respects your hair’s natural oils, so your strands never feel dry or stripped. Finally, it adds bounce and body to your locks while leaving behind a calming yuzu citrus scent. All in all, it’s a true superhero product.”
I’ll tell you, it lathered nice, smelled good, and left my hair clean and light. However, I’m a thrifty gal, and at $55 for a full-size bottle, it’s a little out of my budget.
Dior Diorshow Extase
I rarely buy high-end makeup, so getting Dior mascara was a treat. I felt fancy just putting it on. It looked nice on, but I really can’t say it looked better than what I use every day. Since Dior is three times the price, I’ll stick with L’Oreal.
Dior Miss Dior
One of my favorite things about Birchbox is getting to try new fragrances. At first sniff, I thought Miss Dior was going to be too “old” for me, but I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on. It’s a sweet, chic and not-too-overpowering scent. I really love it and am sad my sample is almost gone already.
Want to get Birchbox, too? Click here.

No comments: