Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My First Birchbox

BirchBox

























I broke down and subscribed myself to Birchbox, a monthly delivery of sample-sized beauty products. It's so fun getting packages in the mail (even if you have them sent to yourself).

Here's what came this month.

Yogini perfume by Harvey Prince
At first I was unsure about this scent, but I put a little on and actually really like it. It's sophisticated, but sweet, and seems to last all day. It's calming, and full of exotic oils that are supposed to counteract stress. As the description says, "It’s the fragrance equivalent of yoga class."

Mythic Oil by L'Oréal Professional
I was really excited to try this hair oil because I have dry hair, especially in the winter. I normally use Biosilk or Aquage Silkening Oil Treatment, but am open to trying new things. This oil smells great, and can be used before or after blow drying. After two uses, I don't think it works better or worse than Biosilk or Aquage, but it wins for having the best scent.

Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss
I really like this silky lip gloss. It came in a bright pink, that with one coat gives you a pretty gloss, but with two or more, gives you bright pink, shiny lips. It's not too sticky like some glosses, but it doesn't seem to last long. To keep the look, you'd have to reapply often. Maybe it would be better used to add gloss to lipstick.

Befine Gentle Cleanser
This face wash is made from sugar cane, oats, rice and mint extracts - a nice combination to use for cleansing dry winter skin. It smells nice, but I'm not much for minty face washes. I think my mindset is that mint belongs in foot scrubs. It's really runny - not expecting that, I lost half the bottle down the drain ... so that was a bummer. It seems to cleanse well though, and it left my face feeling refreshed. Not too bad for something that belongs on feet (kidding ... kinda).

EBOOST Orange Natural Energy Booster
I mixed this up to give it a try and was very disapponted in the taste. Honestly, I couldn't even finish it. It's an orange-flavored, vitamin-filled, powdered energy drink, so I can't say I expected it to be delicious. I'll stick with coffee for my morning energy.

Showstoppers Designer Fashion Tape
I haven't used these yet - I'll save them for when I need a little strapless bra/dress help. I'll update after I use them.

I already can't wait for next month's Birchbox!

Get a subscription for yourself here.

Photos via Birchbox.

No comments: