Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March's Birchbox





















It's pretty safe to say that this month's Birchbox is my favorite so far. I love everything that came in it. I can't even pick a favorite. Here's a breakdown of what came.

I've seen the Twistbands around the internet and never really understood them. But having one of my own now, I get their appeal -- they're adorable! It's really just a fancy hair tie, but they come in fun colors and are thick so they leave less of an ugly crease behind. Neat, huh?

I think my favorite item this month was tarte's LipSurgence lip tint. It's super moisturizing and the stain/gel formula goes on easy and lasts for hours.

I'm currently battling dry hair so I'm excited to have received a sample of Kérastase Elixir Ultime. I'm still a slave to Biosilk, but after how soft this left my hair, I may have to reconsider next time I need to buy hair oil.

I've been wanting to buy a glitter overcoat since the holidays, but could never decide on a color. This month Birchbox made up my mind for me and sent a bottle of essie Luxeffects nail polish in a cut above, a soft girly pink that's perfect for spring. I'm wearing it now and feel a little bit like a Barbie when I look at my hands. That's a good thing, I think.

And, last but not least, I also received a sample of Kate Spade's Twirl perfume. It's a fruity floral scent that's still sophisicated, but not overpowering. I don't know that it's something I would buy a full bottle of, but it's fun to have a sample to wear occasionally.

Want to get your own Birchbox each month? Check it out here.

No comments: