Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Things You Learn at the Dentist

Yesterday I went to the dentist, and I learned a few things:

1) It's not as scary as I once believed.

2) I grind my teeth at night (and that's why I always wake up with headaches, not because I'm hungover from drinking in my sleep, as I first suspected).

3) Apparently teeth grinding is caused by stress. So, now I'm stressed out.

4) Having your teeth cleaned feels nice (and makes you happy when the hygenist tells you your teeth are nice and clean)

5) Going to the dentist is very expensive... especially when you cracked one of your teeth on some whole-grain wheat bread and have to get a crown.

6) Not every dentist will drill on you before you're numb (so far, my new dentist is the only one and that's why I used to hate the dentist).

7) Spider bites on your cheek the week before you go to the dentist will scare you into believing you have something terribly wrong with your teeth, when really, your cheek and jaw are just swollen to twice their size from the spider bite. (see photo)



8) You don't have to hate eating ice cream because of overly-sensitive teeth. Ask your dentist about super-duper flouride "gel." (the FDA won't even classify it as toothpaste, it's so good).

9) Apparently some dentists can give free fancy Sonicare toothbrushes (one per family) to patients. I got one, and it's awesome. I can't wait to brush my teeth again.

10) The question left unanswered:
Pinned Image

Image via.

No comments: