Monday, April 16, 2012

April's Birchbox





















This month's Birchbox was a well-rounded bundle of treats, including things from a hair mask to laundry detergent. Here's what I thought of the products.

Zoya TRUE Spring Collection nail polish in Lotus was a fun addition to the mix. Overall I like the amethyst color, but I probably could do without the bits of red, gold and pink shimmer. The purple looses it's sophistication, I think. It'll still make for a fun pedicure color.

A sample of Wonderstruck perfume by Taylor Swift also was included. At first sniff, I wasn't crazy over it's fruity, floral scent. And, I'm still not in love with it, but it has grown on me. I'll be honest, my favorite thing about it was its whimsically-printed packaging.

As a sufferer of dry hair, I was excited to try Amika's Obliphica Nourishing Mask. The recipe includes obliphica oils ("obliphica oil is a wonder ingredient rich in natural vitamins and omega acids that sink into each follicle") to help repair split ends and amp up shine. After one use, I can't say I noticed a big difference, but it smelled great, had a nice silky texture, and the promise of it sinking in (which my hair dresser says is a must for a product to actually repair damaged hair), gives me good reason to give it another chance.

Juice Beauty's Oil-Free Moisturizer was a great product. Even though I know I'd benefit from using a moisturizer, normally I don't because it clogs my pores (even when it claims it won't). I gave Juice's formula a try anyway, and was pleasantly surprised. I didn't wake up with a disgustingly greasy face! Actually, it looked fresh and felt soft. The difference in this moisturizer is that it's very lightweight and made with juice and botanicals instead of water, so every drop nourishes your skin.

Dropps Laundry Detergent was an unexpected addition to the box, but I like it! It's super handy because it's packaged in little squares, pre-measured and ready to drop in the washer. Also, it's eco-friendly and safe for all fabrics and colors. As far as performance, I'll try it on Jeff's filthy, concrete-dust-filled works clothes and let you know.

Get your own Birchbox delivered monthly here.

No comments: