Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nailed It




First things first: I've been a nail bitter my whole life. I've tried a million times to quit, trying all kinds of things to get myself to stop, but nothing ever worked. Then last month my cousin made a comment about how distinctive my hands were... even that she could pick them out from others. She said she loved it about me, but I took it like, "yes, I know my nails are hideous." That was almost a month ago, and I haven't bit my nails since. I guess all it took was some reverse psychology -- she liked my hands before, but I knew they were ugly so I made a change. Now all I need is someone to tell me I'm super skinny... haha.

And now to the nail color. Since i have nails to paint, I'm obsessed with it. But, one color all around was too boring, so I picked two purples, gold, white, and gold glitter, then got a little creative.

First, apply bottom coat and main color and let them halfway dry. Apply a little clear coat to the tips of the nails you want to put glitter on (one at a time). I used a toothpick dipped in clear coat to apply the glitter to my nails. Apply the top coat to the glittered nails to keep it from flaking. Then I used another toothpick to dip in the white polish and make the polka dots. Let the dots dry and apply a top coat.

Viola!

Can you imaging more color combos? The possibilities are endless!

No comments: